7 PANIC-FREE STEPS FOR PEALING OFF INCHES
1. Don't panic! Most people gain a little winter weight. Take deep breaths when you start to feel anxious about it and remember that it is a temporary situation. You have the ability to do something about it. And remember, your value is not in your body shape, size or how you look.
2. Forget the temptation of crash diets. You might lose weight but you won't look better and you certainly won't feel better. Besides, it's usually a temporary weight loss. You cannot become healthy by harming yourself.
3. Develop a reasonable weight-loss plan. Utilize the S.M.A.R.T. goal setting method. An acronym for...
S = Specific4. Keep it balanced. You may begin with SMART goals, but it is easy to become off-balanced. Don't get so excited about your new goals that you put off what is really, bottom-line important to you. If you make drastic changes in 3 weeks because that is your only focus. You're probably not going finish your race. There is more to life than fitness and weight-loss.
M = Measurable
A = Attainable
R = Realistic
T = Time Sensitive
5. Get accountability. Recruit positive, balanced, goal-setting, health-focused people, preferably someone you won't feel resentful towards. Keep a journal of how you're doing with daily goals and share them with someone non-judgemental and enthusiastic about your success.
6. Stop comparing yourself to everyone else. This is your life, your unique journey. When and how you get to your end-result is unique, too.
7. Focus on personal growth during this journey. One of the most positive traits of successful persons is perseverence.
Keep Your Eyes on the Prize Like an entrepreneur needs a business plan and vision, you with the fitness and health goals need a visual reminder of your goals and how you're going to get there. It becomes a constant source of motivation and weeds out unimportant distractions.
- Write down 5 steps you are going to take to reach the big goal; include the estimated starting date.
- Write down the specific benefits that you will gain by taking these steps.
- Write down the date that you wish to have accomplished your bigger goal and how you're going to reward yourself.
- Make that plain piece of paper, posterboard or memo board catch your eye. Finish it off with inspirational quotes, pictures, etc. If you use paper, make copies of it and hang it near places of tempation.
Now, are you ready for some great fitness changes? Are you ready to feel better in your skin? Have more energy?
Well, I've got a great fitness option. It's been called kickboxing, but I'm changing the name to BodySculpt Kickbox, because it's more than a taste of martial arts. It's an all-over body transformation bootcamp. Come check it out.
*NEW* APRIL BODYSCULPT KICKBOX SCHEDULE
AFTERNOON CLASSES Monday thru Thursday, 4:30 - 5:30 pm
MORNING CLASSES Friday, 10:30 - 11:30 am Saturday, 9:00 - 10:00 am
Where! 32 E. Broadway, Muskegon Hts
How much! $8 per class APRIL DISCOUNT!
-Unlimited monthly $50, now $35 -New Saturday-only monthly package, $20 Hurry, offer ends March 30, 2011.